And Then There Were Four - A Studio Newborn Session with dacia vu Photography | Stonington and Mysti
I loved having this family of four to the studio for their newborn session. Gracie, that fireball you'll be gawking over in just a minute, is the sweetest, sassiest toddler and shaping up to be a great big sister all ready! I've photographed her twice now, and this time got to meet and snuggle with her adorable new baby sister, Emersyn. Scroll down for a peek into their session, and some serious infant sweetness!
1) Can you share with our readers a little about your family? Where are you from originally? How did you and your partner meet and end up living in Groton, CT?
Our family consists of myself (Erin), my husband (Phil), our two beautiful girls (Gracelyn and Emersyn), a boxer (Remington) and a chihuahua (Bentley). My husband and I are from a small town in Northern California called Susanville,. We met in high school and shortly after he joined the Navy. Once he finished Basic Training and Sub School he was stationed on the USS Connecticut in Bremerton, WA. I moved up to be with him and within the next year we were engaged and married. His next duty station was shore duty here in Groton, CT.
2) How did you break the news to your partner that you were expecting a baby?
In the Nex lol. I was on my way to the clinic for the blood test to confirm the pregnancy and he text me he was off work and on his way to the Nex. I didn't want to tell him I was on the way to the clinic so I told him I was on base and I would meet him. I did want to tell him there but I'm terrible at keeping secrets so when he asked me why I was on base, I blurted it out I was pregnant in the uniform shop lol.
3) What was your pregnancy with baby like? Did you suffer from any morning sickness? Have any strange cravings?
This pregnancy was so different from my first. I totally thought it was a boy this time. This pregnancy I had terrible all day nausea during the first trimester and craved ALL the carbs. Im pretty sure I lived off pasta and pepperoni pizza for the first three months.
4) What was your first thought when you found out the sex of your baby?
Uh oh!! Here we go again lol.
5) Which part of your pregnancy did you enjoy the most? And the least?
My pregnancies were both pretty great. I loved feeling all the little movements and always having a little buddy with you. It's so comforting. My least favorite part was definitely the end. I was high risk so there were so many appts. I was also very uncomfortable. This baby was two pounds heavier than my first and I could feel it for sure. Ugh.
6) What was your birth experience like?
I was induced at 39 weeks. We thought we would be having a baby May 6th but she had other plans. She came just after midnight on May 7th.
7) What's been the grossest thing you've experienced since becoming parents?